We hope you love the items we recommend, and just so you know, Quit Chronic Fatigue may receive a small commission from links in this post.
What is the All Clad Programmable Slow Cooker?
There are a myriad of slow cooker models out there with prices ranging from relatively cheap and basic models with limited features and no programmes, to high end models with all the bells and whistles. How do you choose one that’s right for your particular needs?
This review for the All Clad 6.5 quart model SD700450 Slow Cooker with Ceramic Insert will definitely help you make your decision about which features are important to you when buying a slow cooker.
Manufactured by All Clad, an American company known for it’s well-built products, some of its features include:
- It’s a good-looking, well-designed model with vintage industrial styling, from the oval shape to the solidly riveted handles on the stainless steel body.
- The liner is manufactured from black ceramic featuring integrated handles for easy grip.
- A 6.5 quart capacity means it’s capable of holding a family roast and feeding a family.
- It features an easy to use digital display with push button controls for intuitive use.
- 4-20 hour programmable cooking times make timing selection easy.
- 3 heat settings, low high and warm offers versatile cooking methods.
- The cooker Includes the convenience of automatically keeping food warm for up to 6 hours after cooking, or until serving time.
- The glass lid traps in heat and moisture whilst allowing you to monitor the cooking food without having to remove the lid.
- Replacement ceramic inserts can be purchased separately if needed.
- The glass lid and insert are both dishwasher safe.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
Who is the All Clad Programmable slow cooker for?
After a long day at work you can come home to a ready prepared meal using the easily programmable features of this slow cooker. Simply prepare the ingredients in the morning before you leave home, set the timer, and off you go.
This unit will slow cook food perfectly while you are busy at work or out running errands. Your food stays at an ideal “keep warm” temperature after cooking, ready to serve when you arrive home.
The actual cooking time of your dish may have completed during the afternoon and with other slow cookers this means you’ll need to re heat the food once you get home. However, with this slow cooker, the keep warm feature means your food will be ready when you arrive home and all you need to do is serve it up. No need to use other cookware to re heat the food means less washing up…. yeah!
The slow cooker’s black ceramic insert lifts out of the base, and is good-looking enough to use at the table for serving. Together with the lid it can go in the dishwasher, for quick cleanup.
With its polished stainless-steel body and large 6.5 quart capacity, the All Clad slow cooker not only presents well, but it’s also the perfect size to feed a family or a group of people when entertaining.
I bought a slow cooker when I became interested in making my own healthy bone broth. Get an easy recipe for bone broth here. The size of this All Clad cooker can easily accommodate a couple of chicken carcasses and several chicken feet, or some larger beef bones along with vegetables for nutritious broth making.
As bone broth requires a long cooking time at slow heat, the All Clad slow cooker’s programmable features are ideal. It’s not always convenient to be home to take care of a pot simmering on the stove top, particularly when it needs to cook for 20 hours or so. Using this slow cooker means you can programme it and forget it, as it cooks the broth slowly at a safe, even and reliable temperature.
Of course, it’s not only bone broth that slow cookers are great for. I’ve also used mine to make fantastic stews, flavorful osso bucco, delicious casseroles, melt in the mouth pork ribs as well as nutritious soups. This slow cooker turns cheaper cuts of meat into nutritious, delicious meals. It’s really a very convenient and easy way of cooking. With very little effort all your meals can turn out deliciously perfect.
Another important feature that I was particularly looking for in a slow cooker was the ceramic liner. I especially didn’t want with a coated non-stick finish. Having recently started swapping all of my cookware from unhealthy coated non-stick versions to healthier options made this slow cooker a great choice for me.
How much does the All Clad 6.5 quart model SD700450 slow cooker with Ceramic insert cost?
This is not one of the cheaper slow cookers on the market, check out the current price at Amazon below. It’s also not the most expensive slow cooker out there either. I think considering the materials used, and the programmable features of this slow cooker, it is well worth the money.
All Clad 6.5 quart model SD700450 slow cooker with Ceramic insert Pros and Cons
- Easily programmable from 4 to 20 hours.
- Easy to use and read digital display.
- 3 heat programmes with a very convenient up to 6 hour ‘keep warm’ option.
- Healthier ceramic liner rather than coated non-stick.
- Glass lid for easy monitoring of the cooking process.
- Cooks evenly.
- Easy to clean.
- Riveted handles on the exterior make it easy to grip.
- Ceramic liners sold separately if a replacement is needed.
- Good looking enough to use for serving.
- 2-year warranty.
- Exterior of the slow cooker gets hot, so it needs to be used out of the reach of children.
- The generous size makes it a little heavy to handle.
Final Thoughts on the All Clad 6.5 quart model SD700450 slow cooker with Ceramic.
If you are in the market for a slow cooker, want the benefits of one that is easily programmable and good-looking, then this one should suit your needs exactly. For me another important feature is the replaceable ceramic insert.
BUY the All Clad 6.5 quart model SD700450 here NOW
Please feel free to leave any comments below.