We hope you love the items we recommend, and just so you know, Quit Chronic Fatigue may receive a small commission from the links in this post.
What Is The Calphalon Pre-Seasoned 12″ Cast Iron Skillet?
- 1 What Is The Calphalon Pre-Seasoned 12″ Cast Iron Skillet?
- 3 Who Is The Calphalon Pre-Seasoned 12″ Cast Iron Skillet For?
- 6 Pros and Cons Of The Calphalon Pre-Seasoned 12″ Skillet
- 7 Pros
- 8 Cons
- 9 Final Thoughts On The Calphalon Pre-Seasoned 12″ Skillet
- 10 How Much Does The Calphalon 12″ Pre-Seasoned Skillet Cost?
If you are looking to change your cookware and want the best cast iron pans….. keep reading and I’ll share the features of this pan with you so you can decide if it fits your needs.
The Calphalon Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is a high quality, well-designed cast iron skillet which is a little lighter at 6.8lbs than other pans of this size. At the same time as retaining the great cooking qualities, this makes the pan easier to handle.
Another great feature of the pan’s design is the way the bottom and sides meet in a curve. Therefore, making cleaning a snap and allowing food to move around the pan easily during cooking.
If you need to finish off a dish in the oven, being made completely from cast iron without timber or plastic handles this is no problem. It is an ideal pan for searing, sauteing and baking.
Handling the pan is easy with the over sized handles making moving the pan from stove top to oven or straight to the table-top easy.
Who Is The Calphalon Pre-Seasoned 12″ Cast Iron Skillet For?
In short, anyone looking for a family sized, quality cast iron skillet. To learn more about the health benefits of using cast iron cookware click here
Some great benefits of using cast iron cookware include:
- Cast iron is pretty damage proof. It is almost impossible to damage cast iron pots and pans.
- Great heat retention. A cast iron pot gets hot and stays hot making it is great for cooking meat. You can reduce the heat level to medium as the cast iron retains the heat.
- Seasoning cast iron. Rubbing a small amount of oil into the surface of the pan every time you use it will protect it from rusting while not in use. Therefore, this additional seasoning helps make the pans even more non-stick over time. And means you need to use little oil, which makes for healthy cooking. A non-stick finish can be made in this way. I fry eggs in my pan and they never stick.
- Serve up food in cast iron. Food like pies look great displayed in cast iron cookware, meaning you can serve food in a cast iron pan straight on the table.
- Heats evenly. No matter whether using cast iron in the oven, or on the stove top, best cast iron pans distributes the heat evenly to cook food perfectly.
- Adds iron to the food. Small amounts of iron enters the food during the cooking process which makes cast iron pans a good source of dietary iron.
Pros and Cons Of The Calphalon Pre-Seasoned 12″ Skillet
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use straight out of the box.
- Durable cast iron heats up evenly and retains heat for serving food.
- Good looking enough to serve from.
- Oversize handles for safe and easy lifting and moving.
- Curved sides and base make cleaning easier.
- Pouring lips at the sides.
- Oven safe.
- Comes with a full 10 year warranty.
- Large size for family cooking.
- Well priced for a quality item.
- Hand washable.
- The size of this pan may be a little too big for some people. On the one hand, it’s great for families but may be too big for singles. Therefore, it would be great if they also made a 9″ or 10″ size too.
- As with ALL cast iron pans even with its lighter weight for size, it may still be too heavy for some people to handle easily.
Final Thoughts On The Calphalon Pre-Seasoned 12″ Skillet
If you are looking for a good all round, quality, well-made and designed cast iron skillet at a reasonable price, this could an ideal choice for you.
How Much Does The Calphalon 12″ Pre-Seasoned Skillet Cost?
Check out the latest price by clicking here
Please leave any comments below.