We hope you love the items we recommend, and just so you know, Quit Chronic Fatigue may receive a small commission from links in this post.
What Is The Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit?
- 1 What Is The Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit?
- 1.1 What Does The Kit Consist Of?
- 1.2 Who Is The Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit For ?
- 1.3 10 Great Reasons To Get Your Probiotics By Making Your Own Fermented Vegetables:
- 1.4 How much does the Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit cost?
- 1.5 Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit Pros and Cons
- 1.6 Pros
- 1.7 Cons
- 1.8 Final Thoughts On The Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit
It’s a well-made and designed system to convert your regular glass Mason jars into a simple and efficient fermenting factory for your kitchen.
The kit consists of 4 glass weights, the ‘Pebbles’ part, and 4 fun, differently colored silicone airlocks, the ‘Pipes’ part, and a wooden tool used to tamp the veggies down into the jar.
The entire kit comes neatly packaged in a well-designed box that you can keep for storing all the components in. It keeps everything together and doesn’t take up much space in a kitchen cupboard.
What Does The Kit Consist Of?
- Pebbles – The glass pebbles keep your vegetables safely below the brine where the anaerobic fermenting action takes place. This prevents any mishaps with yucky mold growing on veggies that have popped up out of the brine due to being inadequately weighted.
- Being non-porous, they’re made from the same lead-free food-grade soda glass as your Mason jars. This completely inert material guarantees that no other substances can leach into your ferment contaminating them. The weight of one pebble is usually sufficient to keep vegetables below the surface of the brine.
- Pickle Pipes are silicone, one piece lids that are held in place on your Mason jars by the outer part of the existing metal lid that comes with your jar. The pickle pipes have a one way air lock allowing gasses to escape as the fermentation process takes place, but they do not allow air to enter the pipe.
- Once you set the pickle pipes on the jar there is no need to ‘burp’ the ferments manually each day, no need to do anything at all until you check to see if the fermented veggies are ready to eat. The silicone used is BPA- free and Plthalate free. However, in case you are concerned about the safety of using silicone with food, rest assured, because the silicone doesn’t come into contact with the veggies.
- Pickle Packer – this is a specifically designed all natural, unfinished acacia wood tool for packing veggies down into the jar, particularly useful if you are making sauerkraut as you need to push the cabbage down in the jar releasing its juices.
Who Is The Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit For ?
If you are looking for a simple and easy method of making fermented veggies whilst utilizing Mason jars you already have, then this system is for you.
Anyone interested in improving their gut health will be keen to make their own fermented vegetables. Research into the health benefits of adding fermented foods to your regular diet is relatively new. However, the process of fermentation is not. Most societies throughout the world have long included fermented foods in their daily diets.
Originally used as a way to help keep foods from spoiling. Particularly in countries with cold winters, fermentation developed as a way to have vegetables available during long dark winter months.
Fermented foods contribute a vast array of diverse microorganisms to the gut microbiota and increase the bio availability of some minerals. Several studies show the many benefits to health of consuming fermented foods.
10 Great Reasons To Get Your Probiotics By Making Your Own Fermented Vegetables:
- Provides prebiotics (which probiotics feed on) via the vegetables.
- Supports good gut health.
- Improves overall digestion.
- Aids in the production of stomach acid in ageing.
- Helps balance the production of stomach acid.
- Can help reduce constipation.
- Produces numerous compounds that inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Supports healthy skin.
- Aids the central nervous system.
- Supplies a high level and vast array of different beneficial bacteria – way higher than from probiotic supplements.
You may be like me and you’ve begun your fermenting journey using the simple method of weighting your ferments with another smaller water filled glass jar. Then covering the whole thing with a plastic bag firmly tied in place with some rubber bands.
A crude system for sure, and it works pretty well. But, I admit to always having had my fingers crossed that it’ll work out OK and not grow mold at the top of the jar.
Unfortunately, this happened a few times when I didn’t make sure the veggies were tucked well enough into their briny bath. The resulting horrible moldy mess was thrown in the garbage bin wasting vegetables, time and effort.
After happening for the third time, it prompted me to start looking around for an alternative. I was searching for a simple and inexpensive method of making fermented veggies. And I came across the Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit.
With nothing to lose, except a few more moldy jars of vegetables, I decided to invest the small purchase price for a more reliable system.
Since using the Masontops Pebble & Pipes Fermentation kit, I don’t ever have to worry, every single batch of fermented veggies turns out perfectly EVERY time.
I’ve been using this kit for over six months now and honestly love it. I’m so glad I made this purchase.
In the photo below, you can see my jar of fermented vegetables with the glass pebble and pickle pipe inserted, along with the beautiful fresh and crunchy end product, my Italian Style Giardiniera. You can get my recipe here.
How much does the Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit cost?
Check out the latest price for the complete kit, including the pickle pipes, pebbles and wooden tamper from Amazon below. I think it is well worth the price. You’ll be making crunchy, tangy, healthy (and mold free) fermented vegetables in no time flat again and again.
Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit Pros and Cons
- It’s a simple, well-designed and clever system.
- Reasonably priced.
- Easy to use with your existing Mason jars.
- Pebbles are made from lead-free soda glass.
- Pipes are made from food grade silicone.
- The wooden tamper is thoughtfully designed and works well.
- No need to burp the jars of ferment.
- Easy to put in place and leave until ready to taste your ferment.
- Very easy to clean.
- Small components that are easy to store.
- Works every time to produce tasty fermented vegetables.
- If you are a very serious fermenter you’d probably need a fermentation option that fits larger fermentation containers. However, for people starting out on their fermentation journey, or those who don’t need to make large batches of ferments, this system is ideal.
Final Thoughts On The Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit
If you’re just beginning to make fermented veggies, or you’re sick of throwing away moldy ferments that haven’t worked, then give this complete fermentation kit a try. Honestly, you won’t regret it. It makes fermenting easy and foolproof every time.
Check The Latest Price And Reviews For The Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit here NOW:
Please leave any comments or queries below.