We hope you love the items we recommend, and just so you know, Quit Chronic Fatigue may receive a small commission from links in this post.
Better For The Environment And Better For Your Health!
- 1 Better For The Environment And Better For Your Health!
- 2 6 Best Eco Friendly Non-Toxic Reusable Water Bottles
- 2.1 1. Eco Vessel Boulder TriMax Insulated Bottle
- 2.2 Check Out The Latest Prices + Reviews At Amazon
- 2.3 2. Klean Kanteen Classic Stainless-Steel Water Bottle
- 2.4 Check Out The Latest Prices + Reviews At Amazon
- 2.5 3. Healthy Human Stainless-Steel Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle
- 2.6 Check Out The Latest Prices + Reviews At Amazon
- 2.7 4. Purifyou Premium Glass Water Bottle With Silicone Sleeve
- 2.8 Check Out The Latest Prices + Reviews At Amazon
- 2.9 5. Simple Modern Wave Water Bottle
- 2.10 Check Out The Latest Prices + Reviews At Amazon
- 2.11 6. Contigo Autoseal Chill Stainless-Steel Water Bottle
- 2.12 Check Out The Latest Prices + Reviews At Amazon
- 2.13 Putting It All Together – Additional Tips
So you’re on the hunt for the best of Eco friendly reusable water bottles. You want to make a change from using plastic water bottles not only for the environment but also for the health benefits.
If you’ve landed on this page you are probably already aware of the millions of tons of single use plastic that finds it’s way into our rivers, oceans and landfill despite recycling attempts.
Recycling plastic bottles can help the environment, unfortunately recycling figures are extremely low. A study reported that 79% of all plastic ever made (not only plastic from water bottles) is accumulating in landfills or littering the natural environment.
That’s a LOT of plastic, showing just how poor recycling attempts actually are. While you, probably think that throwing your single use water bottle in the recycling is a good thing – not using plastic bottles at all is even better.
As well as the environmental impact there’s also the health aspect of drinking from plastic bottles. Up until the last few years, poly carbonate plastics used for food and drinks had BPA as an ingredient. It leaches from the plastic into whatever the containers hold. Learn more about the possible negative health impact of drinking from plastic bottles even BPA free bottles, here
Exposure to BPA is constant as so many products contained it – plastic toys, canned food, plastic containers, plastic water bottles and so on.
There are now warnings it has possible negative effects on the brain as it develops. It is also thought to have links to prostrate and breast cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
It is important to have the ability to carry clean water with you wherever you go to stay hydrated. Plastic water bottles do not keep liquids cold, especially in the heat.
Stainless-steel and glass water bottles are a great alternative, and many are great not only for water but for hot drinks too.
Before buying your next water bottle, there are a few important points to consider in making sure you choose the one that’s right for you.
- Who will be using the water bottle – Is it for an adult or a child?
- Where will they most likely use it – Taking it to work, playing sports, hiking or at the gym?
- What quantity of water does it need to hold?
- Does the bottle need to be insulated?
- Will you use the bottle a lot whilst on the road? – Is it important that the bottle fits into a vehicle cup holder?
There are so many water bottles on the market it can be difficult to choose. Many offer different features such as insulation, BPA free, and leak and spill proof bottles you can take with you anywhere. Check out the interchangeable tops available on some models.
Insulated bottles have different specifications allowing them to keep contents hot or cold for varying periods of time. So check out the details of each bottle below to find one that best suits your needs. If you live in a particularly hot tropical climate you may need one that has super insulation qualities to keep your drink cold for an extended period.
6 Best Eco Friendly Non-Toxic Reusable Water Bottles
1. Eco Vessel Boulder TriMax Insulated Bottle
This water bottle is made from food grade 18/8 stainless steel and is free from phthalates. It has a strainer included for tea or fruit and keeps ice cubes in the bottle when you drink from it.
The Boulder has a wide opening to make filling it easy and the top of the lid is narrow so it is comfortable to drink from. The lid is completely leak proof making it good to throw in your sports bag.
It has an inbuilt carry strap, and the lid is interchangeable with the Eco Vessel perk coffee and summit straw lids. So it offers versatility no matter what you use it for. It fits in most vehicle cup holders and the bottle never sweats.
Make sure to wash your Boulder by hand, not in the dishwasher.
It comes in a variety of fun colors in a powder coated finish or stainless steel, and comes in three sizes. You can choose the perfect size to take with you anywhere for any purpose. All Eco Vessel Boulder TriMax insulated bottles have a lifetime guarantee.
- The 20 fl oz/600 ml Boulder is 3 x 3 x 9.5 inches and comes in eight colors.
- The 24 fl oz/700 ml Boulder is 3 x 3 x 11.5 inches and comes in eight colors.
- The 32 fl oz/946 ml Boulder is 3.5 x 3.5 x 10.25 inches and comes in four colors.
2. Klean Kanteen Classic Stainless-Steel Water Bottle
The Klean Kanteen Classic stainless-steel water bottle is made from 18/8 stainless-steel and comes with a leak proof climate lock. It has double wall insulation which means it keeps drinks icy cold or hot for hours.
It electropolished interior is non-toxic and easy to hand wash. Made from environmentally safe materials, its tough powder coat finish is chip resistant and four times more durable than previous finishes so it stands up to your lifestyle.
No matter where you take it or what you put this water bottle through, it will look good for its lifetime.
Klean Kanteen went beyond normal safety standards to use materials not only safe for you but also for the environment.
This water bottle is also compatible with all classic water bottle caps including the bamboo and sport caps.
It is the perfect reusable solution for all your hot and cold drinks that you can take anywhere no matter where you go. This water bottle comes in three sizes and a wide range of colors so there is one that will fit any use in your life.
Klean Kanteen backs its water bottles with a lifetime strong as steel guarantee.
- The 20 fl oz/592 ml Classic is 12.2 x 2.9 inches with a 1.75-inch opening and weighs 12.2 oz. This size keeps drinks hot for 20 hours and icy cold for 50 hours. It comes in 10 colors.
- The 32 fl oz/946 ml Classic is 10.8 x 3.6 inches with a 1.75-inch opening and weighs 14.9 oz. This size keeps drinks hot for 24 hours and icy cold for 90 hours. It comes in five colors.
- The 64 fl oz/1900 ml Classic is 12.6 x 4.65 inches with a 1.75-inch opening and weighs 26.9 oz. This size keeps hot drinks hot for 30 hours and icy cold for 100 hours. It comes in two colors.
3. Healthy Human Stainless-Steel Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle
The Healthy Human Stein is an 18/8 food grade stainless steel vacuum insulated water bottle. This take anywhere water bottle is easy to carry and has a wide opening to load in the ice and is completely leak proof.
Keeping drinks hot for 12 hours and icy cold for 24 hours, this bottle will never sweat. It is a perfect fit for most vehicle cup holders and fits into the compact space of your backpack as you hike through the mountains.
The Healthy Human water bottle and its lid is 100% BPA free, and healthy for you and the environment.
This water bottle is easy to carry and has a carabiner so you can clip it to anything. It is easy to clean with rounded edges so nothing can get caught in any corners. Always hand wash your water bottle for best results.
The Healthy Human water bottle comes in four convenient sizes and a tone of colors and patterned finishes to suit any situation and your lifestyle.
- The 16 oz Healthy Human water bottle is 8 x 2.9 inches and weighs 10 oz. It comes in nine colors.
- The 21 oz Healthy Human water bottle is 10 x 2.75 inches and weighs 12 oz. It comes in 27 colors
- The 32 oz Healthy Human water bottle is 10 x 3.5 inches and weighs 13 oz. It comes in 28 colors.
- The 40 oz Healthy Human water bottle is 12 x 2.5 inches and weighs 1 lb. It comes in 10 colors.
4. Purifyou Premium Glass Water Bottle With Silicone Sleeve
Glass water bottles do not change the taste of the liquids they hold unlike plastic water bottles. These water bottles are made from high-impact resistant borosilicate glass.
They have a silicone sleeve to protect them and insulate the contents to keep them hot or cold for a short while.
They are dishwasher and microwave safe unlike the stainless-steel water bottles. Purifyou water bottles are completely leak proof and have a plastic cap with a stainless-steel interior so the liquid never comes in contact with the plastic.
These beautifully designed bottles are lighter and thinner than others on the market making them easy to take anywhere. Part of the profits from every bottle sold is donated to Africa to build water wells. They are also backed with a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.
- The 12 oz Purifyou water bottle is 2.5 x 7.5 inches with a 1.125-inch opening.
- The 22 oz Purifyou water bottle is 3.25 x 8 inches with a 1.125-inch opening.
- The 32 oz Purifyou water bottle is 3.25 x 11 inches with a 1.125-inch opening.
5. Simple Modern Wave Water Bottle
Made from 18/8 food grade stainless-steel there is a huge variety of colors and patterns to suit your personality and lifestyle.
Its inner wall has copper insulation to reduce the amount of heat or cold transfer from the bottle. It has a narrow mouth wide enough to load ice cubes into the water bottle and seals with a leak proof lid.
The smaller sizes fit into most vehicle cup holders and they are perfect to take with you anywhere to keep you hydrated. Simple Modern Wave water bottles are durable and as with all bottles mentioned in this article they reduce landfill waste.
Backed by a 90-day satisfaction guarantee, Simple Modern donates 10% of all profits to natural disaster charities.
- The 9 oz Wave water bottle is 2.5 x 7.8 inches and weights 8 oz with a 1.3-inch opening. It keeps liquids hot for 5 hours and icy cold for 18 hours. It fits into most vehicle cup holders.
- The 17 oz wave water bottle is 2.8 x 10.5 inches and weighs 10.6 oz with a 1.3-inch opening. It keeps liquids hot for 10 hours and icy cold for 24 hours. It is also fits into most vehicle cup holders.
- The 25 oz Wave water bottle is 3 x 11.8 inches and weighs 15.7 oz and has a 1.4-inch opening. It keeps liquids hot for 12 hours and icy cold for 28 hours. This bottle is a bit too big to fit into most vehicle cup holders.
6. Contigo Autoseal Chill Stainless-Steel Water Bottle
The 24 oz Contigo Autoseal Chill stainless-steel water bottle guarantees to keep your water cool all day for up to 28 hours no matter the outside conditions. It has a stainless-steel body with Thermalock vacuum insulation. No matter where you go, take this water bottle with you to stay hydrated.
It has an auto seal lid that makes it spill proof and does not leak, and has a handle to make it easy to carry with you.
Just push the button for one handed drinking which makes multi-tasking simple. Release the button when you finish drinking and it automatically closes. Great for busy days when you’re on the go.
BPA free and easy to clean – put the top into the top rack of the dishwasher but hand wash the body.
- The 24 oz Contigo Autoseal Chill Stainless-Steel water bottle is 2.75 x 11 inches.
- Comes with a limited lifetime guarantee.
Putting It All Together – Additional Tips
Looking after your water bottle.
When you receive your new water bottle, make sure you give it a good clean before using it. You do not know where it has been stored before it arrived. Also, clean it after every use even though it may be tempting to just refill it. Give it a good rinse before you do. Always give it a good clean if not refilling with the same liquid.
Vacuum insulated water bottles are not dishwasher safe so make sure you read the instructions. They need to be washed by hand using a soft bottle brush and detergent. You can also use a mix of baking soda and water. When there are odors or tastes that persist, soak in vinegar overnight to remove them.
If, for some reason, there are leaks it is most likely the seal in the lid that needs replacing. Contact the manufacturer for a solution. You can usually buy spare parts. Stainless-steel and glass water bottles last for many years. But, when they do reach their use by date, recycle them to reduce your impact on the environment.
Please Feel Free To Leave A Comment.